CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
(5 Year Contract)
A career opportunity for a dynamic, self-driven Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is available at KwaZulu-Natal Cricket.
The CEO shall be responsible and report to the Board of Directors of the Dolphins (Pty) Ltd and the Executive Committee of the KwaZulu-Natal Cricket Union (KZNCU), in accordance with the defined operations of each body.
The successful applicant will have strong leadership and inter-personal skills with an exceptional commercial acumen and will lead, inspire and motivate a management and operational team. The CEO, who ideally will be passionate about sport, and cricket in particular, will drive the formulation and implementation of the strategic vision of the two entities and be responsible for strategically positioning KZN Cricket in the cricket landscape to achieve its strategic objectives as well as respond to the changing business, social and sporting environment.
Duties of the CEO:
- Lead the formulation and implementation of the strategic vision of the two entities and ensure that policy outcomes are implemented at all levels;
- Assume overall responsibility for and direct the business and cricket operations of the two entities;
- Actively pursue and drive commercial, sponsorship and business opportunities;
- Enhance strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders, domestically and internationally;
- Ensure the preparation of annual budgets and assume responsibility for the control of finances as well as the effective management of financial systems;
- Ensure that financial sustainability underpins business plans and that regular financial and activity reports are submitted to the Board and the Executive Committee;
- Market and promote a positive image of KZN Cricket and the game of cricket in general; position the Dolphins brand as a leading sports brand;
- Build winning teams across KZN Cricket;
- Liaise with and maintain positive relationships with Cricket SA, other cricket and sports bodies, our partners and stakeholders, public representatives, our supporters, the media and the public and conduct media conferences on behalf of KZN Cricket;
- Prepare the Annual Reports for submission at the Annual General Meetings of both entities;
- Supervise and manage staff and ensure all disciplinary matters and grievances pertaining to staff are procedurally dealt with;
- Ensure that the stadium and other facilities are adequately maintained in accordance with policy, international match status and safety regulations;
- Ensure the development of a dynamic cricket pipeline and drive transformational objectives;
- Enforce strict adherence to good corporate governance principles relevant to cricket administration and adopted policies;
Requirements for the Position:
- An appropriate graduate qualification while a business degree will be an added advantage;
- 6 to 8 years of senior management experience, preferably in a business or commercial environment;
- A good understanding of and commitment to corporate governance, excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills;
- Strong financial, inter-personal and people management skills whilst an in depth knowledge of cricket will be an advantage;
- A commitment to the transformational imperatives of cricket, in particular in KwaZulu-Natal.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position by submitting such application together with a detailed CV to Rajesh Behari at e-mail address: email@example.com by close of business on Friday 9th December 2016. In making the final selection, consideration will be given to the employment equity objectives of KZN Cricket. A performance agreement shall be entered into with the successful applicant. The right not to make an appointment is reserved.
Should you not be contacted within 21 days of the closing date, consider that your application is unsuccessful.